Recipe by invictus
For safe keeping, I haven't tried these yet and there isn't anything else exactly like it on zaar yet.
- 2 cups flour
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 cup butter, cold
- 3 egg whites
- 1 cup sugar
- 12 1⁄2 ounces almond filling
- 2 cups sliced almonds
- 4 ounces bittersweet chocolate, melted
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large bowl, combine flour, brown sugar, and salt. Cut in butter until mixture resembles course crumbs. Pat into a 13 x 9 x 2 inch baking pan coated with cooking spray.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 18-22 minutes or until edges are slightly browned.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, whisk egg whites, sugar and almond filling until blended. Stir in almonds. Pour over crust.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until set. Cool completely on wire rack.
- Drizzle with melted chocolate. Cut into bars.