Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
- 453.59 g imperial margarine
- 709.77 ml sugar
- 946.36 ml flour
- 4 eggs
- 453.59 g almond paste (not almond pie filling)
- 0.5 ml salt
- 19.71 ml vanilla
- 4.92 ml almond extract
- powdered sugar, to top
- Pre-heat oven to 350, 9x13 glass pan.
- For bottom layer: cream 2 sticks margarine and 1 cup sugar.
- Mix in 1 egg 2 tsp vanilla and 1/2 tsp almond extract.
- Gently incorporate pinch of salt and 2 cups flour.
- Grease bottom of pan with one of the imperial wrappers.
- Smooth out bottom layer on bottom of pan.
- For almond layer: Mix together almond paste 2 eggs and 1 cup sugar. The more it is mixed the easier it is to spread.
- Add in dollops all over the bottom layer and carefully smooth out dollops to completely cover trying not to disrupt bottom layer.
- Top layer: mix ingredients exactly like bottom layer.
- Dollop on top of almond layer and smooth out carefully.
- Bake at 350 for about an hour until the top is golden brown.
- Allow to cool cut into squares and sprinkle with powdered sugar.
My coworker shared these a few weeks ago, and I can still remember the yummy almond flavor. Similar consistency to lemon bars, and the almond paste is kind of reminiscent of wedding cake. = ) Definitely want to try to make these myself for the holidays!
I love this recipe! My co-workers now request almond bars for our monthly meetings!