1 hr 20 mins
My Private Note
1.5 in ...
Units: US | Metric
- 1Pre-heat oven to 350, 9x13 glass pan.
- 2For bottom layer: cream 2 sticks margarine and 1 cup sugar.
- 3Mix in 1 egg 2 tsp vanilla and 1/2 tsp almond extract.
- 4Gently incorporate pinch of salt and 2 cups flour.
- 5Grease bottom of pan with one of the imperial wrappers.
- 6Smooth out bottom layer on bottom of pan.
- 7For almond layer: Mix together almond paste 2 eggs and 1 cup sugar. The more it is mixed the easier it is to spread.
- 8Add in dollops all over the bottom layer and carefully smooth out dollops to completely cover trying not to disrupt bottom layer.
- 9Top layer: mix ingredients exactly like bottom layer.
- 10Dollop on top of almond layer and smooth out carefully.
- 11Bake at 350 for about an hour until the top is golden brown.
- 12Allow to cool cut into squares and sprinkle with powdered sugar.
Browse Our Top Bar Cookie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Almond Bars
Serving Size: 1 (43 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 52
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 191.5
- Calories from Fat 90
- Total Fat 10.0 g
- Saturated Fat 1.8 g
- Cholesterol 14.3 mg
- Sodium 94.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 23.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.7 g
- Sugars 14.9 g
- Protein 2.3 g