Prep 15 mins
Cook 40 mins
Nice, simple, treat.
- 1 cup butter (228 gms)
- 1 3⁄8 cups almond paste
- 1 3⁄4 cups sugar (350 gms)
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 eggs (100 gms)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups unbleached all-purpose flour (290 gms)
- 1⁄2 cup sliced almonds (110 gms)
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees f.
- line a 9x13 pan with foil and grease with butter.
- Cream together butter and almond paste.
- Beat in eggs, vanilla and sugar until smooth.
- Stir in flour and salt (you may want to sift them together beforehand, but it works ok without).
- Pour into prepared 9x13 pan- dough.
- will be thick, make sure to pat it into the corners.
- Sprinkle with sliced almonds, pat lightly to press into surface.
- Bake for 40 minutes, or until edges are golden brown.
- Cool on a rack, lift from pan and slice into bars.
- Store refrigerated.
- Freeze extremely well.