Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
This recipe is from my Mom who, in years past, has made 1200 or more cookies during the Christmas holiday!
- 2 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup white sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup oil
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 cup unsalted slivered almonds
- Mix flour, baking powder, cinnamon, brown sugar, and white sugar together in a large bowl.
- Add eggs, oil, and water; mix well.
- Add almonds; mix well.
- Refrigerate dough until well chilled.
- Shape dough into 2-1/2 inch rolls.
- Place rolls on greased cookie sheet 2-inches apart.
- Brush dough with eggwhites and sprinkle with sugar.
- Bake at 325 degrees for 20 minutes.
- Cool throughly and slice into bars on the diagonal.