Recipe by Derf
Not sure where I got this recipe but they are sumptuous and look impressive for the holiday season.
Top Review by Aroostook
What delightful cookies!! They came together well and were really easy to make. (I hope you don't mind but used what I had available in the cupboard...Made these with pecans instead of almonds. Also used dark choclate instead of white.) The chocolate dip and coconut topping make these really festive. I gave out the recipe to four ladies at the cookie swap at work. Will be making these again for our family Christmas Eve gathering. =) Thanks for posting!
- 1⁄2 cup blanched slivered almond
- 12 tablespoons unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1⁄2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon almond extract
- 2 cups flour
- 10 ounces white chocolate
- 2 1⁄3 cups flaked coconut
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 325°F.
- Spread nuts on baking sheet and toast in the oven until golden brown, 8 to 10 minutes.
- Cool and chop.
- With an electric mixer set at medium low speed, beat butter, sugar, salt and almond extract until creamy.
- On low speed, beat in flour until mixture just comes together.
- Stir in nuts.
- Chill until firm.
- Roll into approximately 1-inch balls.
- Put on ungreased baking sheets.
- Bake until golden brown on bottom, 15 to 18 minutes.
- Cool completely on wire racks.
- Chop chocolate, put in a small bowl and melt in a 250°F oven.
- Put coconut in a bowl.
- Drop cookies, one at a time, into chocolate.
- Coat and remove with a fork, letting excess drip off.
- Drop the cookies into coconut.
- Lightly press coconut onto the cookies.
- Set on a rack to dry.