Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
A very tasty and simple fish dish that I served many times in Seattle with tossed green salad, baked potato, brussel sprouts, Gewurztraminer wine, and baked bananas for dessert. Your guests will love you!
- 3 lbs halibut steaks
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 3 limes, juice of
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup sliced almonds
- 1 tablespoon butter
- Heat oven to 500 degrees F.
- Arrange fish in a shallow baking pan.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Blend together lime juice, garlic and oil and brush over fish.
- Bake for 10 minutes; turn over, baste with juice.
- Lower oven temperature to 425 degrees F and bake 15 minutes longer or until fish flakes easily with a fork.
- Baste several times during cooking.
- Saute almonds in butter until golden brown.
- Serve fish with almonds sprinkled on top and garnished with lime wedges.