Prep 10 mins
Cook 8 mins
This comes from one of Holly Clegg Trim and Terrific cookbooks. Quick, easy, and light on calories! A taste experience not to be missed! You will like the crunch of the almonds. Be sure your fresh asparagus stalks are firm and have closed tips.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs asparagus spears
- 1 tablespoon margarine
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1⁄4 cup almonds, slivered and toasted
- Clean and trim off the tough ends of asparagus.
- Melt margarine in a large skillet. (Non-stick is optional).
- Add the asparagus. Saute' at medium heat for 3-5 minutes.
- Add lemon juice, cover, and simmer until crisp-tender.
- Add the almond slivers. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Toss gently, then serve.
I tried this last night and it was absolutely wonderful. I added walnuts because I didn't have almonds and it was still great. I hightly recommend this qucik and easy receipe.s
I enjoyed this recipe very much. I will definitely make this one again. Quick, easy, light, and delicious. Thanks for posting. Made for New Kids on the Block tag.