Recipe by Debaylady
This comes from one of Holly Clegg Trim and Terrific cookbooks. Quick, easy, and light on calories! A taste experience not to be missed! You will like the crunch of the almonds. Be sure your fresh asparagus stalks are firm and have closed tips.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs asparagus spears
- 1 tablespoon margarine
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1⁄4 cup almonds, slivered and toasted
Directions See How It's Made
- Clean and trim off the tough ends of asparagus.
- Melt margarine in a large skillet. (Non-stick is optional).
- Add the asparagus. Saute' at medium heat for 3-5 minutes.
- Add lemon juice, cover, and simmer until crisp-tender.
- Add the almond slivers. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Toss gently, then serve.