1/1 Photo of Almond Asparagus
This comes from one of Holly Clegg Trim and Terrific cookbooks. Quick, easy, and light on calories! A taste experience not to be missed! You will like the crunch of the almonds. Be sure your fresh asparagus stalks are firm and have closed tips.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Clean and trim off the tough ends of asparagus.
- 2Melt margarine in a large skillet. (Non-stick is optional).
- 3Add the asparagus. Saute' at medium heat for 3-5 minutes.
- 4Add lemon juice, cover, and simmer until crisp-tender.
- 5Add the almond slivers. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- 6Toss gently, then serve.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Almond Asparagus
Serving Size: 1 (126 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 77.4
- Calories from Fat 46
- Total Fat 5.1 g
- Saturated Fat 0.6 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 57.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 6.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.9 g
- Sugars 1.8 g
- Protein 4.0 g