- 1⁄2 cup vegetable oil
- 2 cups packed fresh arugula leaves
- 1⁄2 cup shelled blanched almond
- 5 -6 cloves garlic, cut into pieces
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄2 cup freshly grated romano cheese
- 1 lb mini penne pasta
Directions See How It's Made
- Add oil, arugula, almonds, garlic, lemon juice, salt and pepper to the bowl of a food processor.
- Process, stopping 2-3 times to scrape down the sides of the bowl, until evenly pureed.
- Add cheese and process 10 seconds.
- Cook pasta according to package directions.
- Drain, return to pan, add pesto and stir to combine.
- Serve with extra cheese, if desired.