- 2 1⁄2 cups self-raising flour
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 cup flaked almonds
- 1 lightly beaten egg
- 1 1⁄2 cups milk
- 3 ounces melted butter
- 1⁄2 cup apricot jam
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees, prepare pans.
- Sift flour& nutmeg into bowl, stir in almonds& sugar.
- Stir in combined egg, milk& butter, stir with a fork until just combined.
- Spoon half of batter into pans, put 2 level teaspoons of apricot jam into each, top with rest of batter.
- Bake for about 30 minutes or until cooked.
- Suitable to freeze, not suitable to microwave.