Recipe by Kym21
I received this recipe from a roommate during college and I have made it every year since. It is a great combination of crunchy and sweet with traditional flavors. Easy to make too!
- 2 (6 ounce) boxesturkey flavored Stove Top stuffing mix
- 1 (12 ounce) can chicken broth
- 1 cup slivered almonds
- 1 (10 ounce) jarsmucker's simply fruit apricot fruit spread
- 4 stalks celery
- 1 small onion
- 1⁄2 cup butter
Directions See How It's Made
- Empty stuffing packages into large bowl.
- Pour can of chicken broth over stuffing and mix well. The broth does not need to be heated.
- Chop onion into small pieces and slice celery into small crescents about 1/4 inch thick.
- Melt 5 Tablespoons of butter over medium heat in a saute pan. Add onions and celery.
- Saute until the onions are transparent. The celery will be done by then as well.
- Pour onions and celery into stuffing.
- Add Simply Fruit and almonds. Stir together.
- If dressing seems dry, you can add a little bit more chicken broth.
- Bake at 350°F for 30-45 minutes, or until heated through and slightly crispy on top.