Prep 30 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is a Martha Stewart recipe. A friend made this for a Lions Club dinner. I haven't tried it, but my friend said it is very good and everyone liked it.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1⁄2 cup sliced almonds
- 2 ounces goat cheese (feta)
- 4 dried apricots, cut into 1/4 inch pieces
- 1⁄3 cup breadcrumbs
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- mint pesto sauce
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Cut a slit in one side of each chicken breast to create a pocket about 4 inches long.
- In a small bowl, combine 1/4 cup almonds with the goat cheese and apricots.
- Stuff each breast with 1/4 of the mixture.
- Season with 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper.
- On a plate combine breadcrumbs and remaining 1/4 cup almonds.
- Dip each breast into egg, then dredge in breadcrumb mixture.
- Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat.
- Cook chicken until golden, 3-4 minutes on each side.
- Transfer to oven and bake until cooked through, about 15 minutes.
- Serve hot with pesto on the side.