1/3 Photos of Almond Apricot Bread
1 hr 25 mins
1 hr 5 mins
Sydney Mike's Note:
This recipe comes from the 2008 Taste of Home cookbook, Baking Classics.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
FOR THE BREAD
- 591.47 ml all-purpose flour
- 118.29 ml granulated sugar
- 118.29 ml light brown sugar, packed
- 14.78 ml baking powder
- 4.92 ml salt
- 198.44 g package apricot baby food, with mixed fruit (minus 1 tablespoon of it set aside for the glaze)
- 1 egg
- 177.44 ml milk
- 44.37 ml canola oil
- 4.92 ml almond extract
- 158.51 ml sliced almonds, coarsely chopped
- 118.29 ml dried apricot, diced
FOR THE GLAZE
- 1FOR THE BREAD ~ Preheat oven to 350 degrees F & grease a 9"x5" loaf pan.
- 2In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, sugars, baking powder & salt.
- 3Set aside 1 tablespoon of the baby food for a glaze.
- 4In another bowl, beat together the egg, 3/4 cup milk, oil, 1 teaspoon almond extract & the remaining baby food, then stir this mixture into the flour mixture just until moistened.
- 5Fold in the almonds & dried apricots & pour the batter into the prepared loaf pan.
- 6Bake for 55-65 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean.
- 7Cool for 10 minutes before removing from the pan to a wire rack to cool completely.
- 8FOR THE GLAZE ~ Combine the powdered sugar, 1 tablespoon of the apricot baby food, 1 teaspoon of milk & 1/8 teaspoon of almond extract, mixing until smooth. Drizzle over the cooled loaf.
Browse Our Top Quick Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Almond Apricot Bread
Serving Size: 1 (76 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 16
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 212.3
- Calories from Fat 49
- Total Fat 5.4 g
- Saturated Fat 0.7 g
- Cholesterol 13.2 mg
- Sodium 226.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 38.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.4 g
- Sugars 19.1 g
- Protein 3.8 g