- 1 cup sifted flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 3⁄4 cup chopped almonds or 3⁄4 cup chopped moist coconut
- 1⁄2 cup apricot preserves
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 1 egg, separated
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
Directions See How It's Made
- Cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add egg yolk and vanilla; mix well.
- Add sifted dry ingredients gradually; mix.
- Mold into small balls.
- Dip balls into lightly beaten egg white and roll in chopped nuts and coconut.
- Place on greased cookie sheets and press top of each cookie gently with thumb.
- Bake at 300° for about 24 minutes.
- While cookies are still warm, fill centers with apricot preserves.
- If desired, dust with confectioners' sugar.