1/1 Photo of Almond, Apricot and White Chocolate Decadence Bars (Cookie Mix)
Source: Betty Crocker "Apricots, cream cheese and almond paste create the wow in rich and dreamy bars." Cooking time does not include cooling or refrigeration time.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (17 1/2 ounce) package betty crocker sugar cookie mix
- 1/2 cup butter or 1/2 cup margarine, melted
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- 1 (7 -8 ounce) package almond paste (not marzipan)
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 cup dried apricot (6 oz)
- 6 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 (12 ounce) bag white vanilla baking chips (2 cups)
- 2/3 cup whipping cream
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds
- 1Heat oven to 375°F
- 2In large bowl, stir cookie base ingredients until soft dough forms.
- 3Spread dough in bottom of ungreased 13x9-inch pan.
- 4Bake 10 to 15 minutes or until set.
- 5Cool 10 minutes.
- 6Meanwhile, in large bowl, beat almond paste and sugar with electric mixer on low speed until crumbly but blended.
- 7Add apricots; beat on low speed just until combined.
- 8Add cream cheese, 2 eggs and the lemon juice; beat on medium speed until well blended.
- 9Pour over warm cookie base.
- 10Bake 20 to 25 minutes or until set.
- 11Cool 30 minutes.
- 12Place baking chips in small bowl.
- 13In 1-quart saucepan, heat whipping cream just to boiling over low heat, stirring occasionally; pour over baking chips.
- 14Let stand 1 minute.
- 15Stir until chips are melted and mixture is smooth.
- 16Pour and spread over filling.
- 17Sprinkle with almonds.
- 18Refrigerate about 2 hours or until set.
- 19For bars, cut into 9 rows by 4 rows.
- 20Store covered in refrigerator.
Browse Our Top Bar Cookie Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Bar Cookie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Almond, Apricot and White Chocolate Decadence Bars (Cookie Mix)
Serving Size: 1 (39 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 36
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 165.1
- Calories from Fat 104
- Total Fat 11.5 g
- Saturated Fat 5.8 g
- Cholesterol 36.9 mg
- Sodium 49.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 13.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.7 g
- Sugars 12.5 g
- Protein 2.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
sugar cookie mix