Source: Betty Crocker "Apricots, cream cheese and almond paste create the wow in rich and dreamy bars." Cooking time does not include cooling or refrigeration time.
- 1 (17 1/2 ounce) packagebetty crocker sugar cookie mix
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine, melted
- 1⁄2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- 1 (7 -8 ounce) package almond paste (not marzipan)
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 cup dried apricot (6 oz)
- 6 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 (12 ounce) bagwhite vanilla baking chips (2 cups)
- 2⁄3 cup whipping cream
- 1⁄2 cup sliced almonds
- Heat oven to 375°F
- In large bowl, stir cookie base ingredients until soft dough forms.
- Spread dough in bottom of ungreased 13x9-inch pan.
- Bake 10 to 15 minutes or until set.
- Cool 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in large bowl, beat almond paste and sugar with electric mixer on low speed until crumbly but blended.
- Add apricots; beat on low speed just until combined.
- Add cream cheese, 2 eggs and the lemon juice; beat on medium speed until well blended.
- Pour over warm cookie base.
- Bake 20 to 25 minutes or until set.
- Cool 30 minutes.
- Place baking chips in small bowl.
- In 1-quart saucepan, heat whipping cream just to boiling over low heat, stirring occasionally; pour over baking chips.
- Let stand 1 minute.
- Stir until chips are melted and mixture is smooth.
- Pour and spread over filling.
- Sprinkle with almonds.
- Refrigerate about 2 hours or until set.
- For bars, cut into 9 rows by 4 rows.
- Store covered in refrigerator.