Recipe by grandma2969
This recipe came from the Apple Barn and Cider Mill in the Great Smoky Mountains...fabulous!
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons malt vinegar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon almond extract
- 6 cups mixed greens
- 3 medium apples, cut into wedges
- 1 cup thinly sliced celery
- 2 tablespoons sliced green onions
- 1⁄3 cup slivered almonds
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine oil, sugar, vinegar, salt and almond extract in jar with tightfitting lid.
- shake to mix well.
- Refrigerate for several hours.
- Combine mixed greens, apples, celery, green onions and almonds in bowl.
- Pour salad dressing over salad and toss gently to coat.
- Serve immediately.