Prep 25 mins
Cook 1 hr
On the box of the Odense Almond Paste, this looks great!!! Variation: Add 1 cup sweetened dried cranberries when you add the apples.
- 1 (7 ounce) box almond paste
- 1 unbaked 9 inch pie shell
- 5 baking apples, peeled,cored,sliced
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon, divided
- 1⁄2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup uncooked oats
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 6 tablespoons cold butter
- 1⁄4 cup chopped almonds
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees Roll Almond Paste between 2 sheets of wax paper to form a 9" disk.
- Press into the bottom of unbaked pie crust.
- In bowl, combine apples, sugar and 1/2 tsp of cinnamon.
- Pour into pie shell.
- In bowl, combine remaining cinnamon, flour oats, brown sugar and almonds.
- Cut butter into flour mixture until crumbs are formed.
- Spoon crumb mixture evenly over apples.
- Bake 50-60 minutes or until golden brown.