Prep 30 mins
Cook 45 mins
I love all the flavors in this tart - it's a wonderful something different on the holiday dessert table. Recipe is from Odense.
- 1 pie crust, to fit a 9-inch pan
- 1 (7 ounce) boxodense almond paste
- 8 ounces cream cheese, room temperature
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1⁄2 teaspoon grated lemon rind
- 1 pinch salt
- 2 tart apples, peeled, cored and cut into thin slices
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 3 tablespoons apricot jam
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Roll out pie crust to a line tart pan, carefully pressing into corners and up sides.
- Between two sheets of wax paper, roll the Almond Paste into a 9-10 inch circle.
- Lay the Almond Paste circle over the pie shell and gently press into it. With knife, remove any excess pie shell or Almond Paste from edge of tart pan, making it even.
- Beat cream cheese, sugar, egg, lemon rind and salt until light and fluffy, and spoon evenly onto crust.
- In a bowl, toss together the sliced apples, brown sugar, and cinnamon. Layer apple slices over cream cheese mixture.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes or until cream cheese is set and slightly puffed. Set pan on wire rack to cool.
- In a microwave or small saucepan, melt apricot jam with one tablespoon water. Brush apples for a shiny beautiful glaze. Unmold when cool. Serve room temperature or chilled.