Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
Wonderful with a glass of wine, these are my favorite biscotti.
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon ground aniseed
- 2 cups unbleached all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 cup toasted almond
- In a large mixing bowl, beat butter, sugar and eggs on med. speed for 1 minute.
- Add vanilla and anise seeds and beat until combined.
- Mix in almonds, coarsely chopped.
- Stir in combined flour, salt and baking powder.
- Shape the dough in a 16-inch long log on a parchment paper lined cookie sheet.
- Flatten the log until about 2-inches thick.
- Bake the log for 25 minutes in a 350°F preheated oven.
- Cool for 10 minutes.
- Using a serrated knife, cut into 1-inch thick slices.
- Bake slices in a 325°F oven for 15 minutes.
- Transfer to wire rack and let cool.
- Store in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 2 weeks.