Recipe by LeeLoo
I became addicted to this flavour of biscotti at the local coffee shop, and found the recipe on a random site. It is -AWESOME- so I have to share!! Very VERY easy (only my 2nd try at biscotti ever) and SO tasty.
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup white sugar
- 1⁄4 cup margarine or 1⁄4 butter
- 1 tablespoon anise seed
- 3 eggs
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 3⁄4 cup sliced blanched almond
Directions See How It's Made
- Pre-heat oven to 350°F.
- Beat sugar and margarine together.
- Add anise seeds and eggs, mix well.
- Add flour and baking powder, mix well.
- Add almonds, mix.
- Shape dough into a rectangle approximately 6"-8" wide, 1"-1.5" thick and 12" or so long. Try to keep it consistently wide so that the biscotti pieces are uniform in length.
- Bake for 25-35 minutes, or until golden brown (test with a toothpick to make sure the middle is done).
- Remove from oven, allow to cool completely (trust me on this -- it will really make the cutting easier).
- Cut into about 1/2" thick slices, lay out pieces on their side on baking sheet and bake (350°F) for 6-10 minutes (until golden brown).
- Flip them over, put back in the oven for another 3-5 minutes, until crisp (to your preference -- Just remember that they will become crisper as they cool).
- Let cool, and enjoy! Store in an airtight container.
- TIPS: Will keep for a month or so, but be warned, anise flavour may get stronger over time! Don't be afraid to decorate with drizzled chocolate, dipping, etc. Also, feel free to fiddle with the ingredients. For extra flavour you can add almond extract, or anise extract (I think that would be an anise overkill but we all have our own taste!), or vanilla extract -- Give it a try!