Prep 10 mins
Cook 40 mins
This recipe from Ricardo Larrivée is full of wonderful flavours from the spices and a nice crunch from the nuts. Delicious! Enjoy!
- 2 onions, coarsely chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 stick cinnamon
- 1 pod star anise
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 1⁄2 cups converted rice
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 2 cups cooked chicken, shredded into large pieces
- 1⁄4 cup roasted pistachios
- 1⁄4 cup toasted almond
- cilantro or parsley, to garnish
- In a large skillet over medium heat, brown the onions in the oil. Season with salt and pepper.
- Add the garlic, spices and rice. Continue cooking for 1 minute, stirring to coat the rice with the oil. Add the broth and bring to a boil. Cover, reduce the heat and simmer gently for about 25 minutes. Add the chicken, pistachios and almonds. Continue cooking until the chicken is heated through. Adjust the seasoning.
- Serve garnished with cilantro leaves or parsley.
really flavorful rice add nuts AFTER you saute the onions and garlic, my nuts were raw so i needed to cook them in the oil i made for one and wished i had made whole thing its really good added a little butter cause thats how i like my rice and pepper zaar tour 6