1 hr 20 mins
This is from Giada de Laurentis' Every Day Food show. I'm adding it here because I can never find recipes a second time on the Food Network website. These are yummy biscotti dipped in meleted chocolate for extra yummyness!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup cornmeal
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 3 tablespoons grated lemon zest (from about 3 to 4 lemons)
- 3/4 cup coarsely chopped whole almond
- 18 ounces , white (she used white on the show, but you can't go wrong with dark!) or 18 ounces dark chocolate (she used white on the show, but you can't go wrong with dark!)
- 1Preheat the oven to 325 degrees.
- 2In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, cornmeal, baking powder, and salt.
- 3In another large bowl, beat the sugar and eggs until pale yellow, about 3 minutes.
- 4Mix in the lemon zest and then the flour, and beat until just blended. (The dough will be sticky).
- 5Stir in the almonds. Let the dough rest for 5 minutes.
- 6Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper. Divide the dough evenly into 2 equal mounds and place on the baking sheet. With moist hands, space the dough evenly apart and form into 2 (9 by-3-inch) logs.
- 7Bake for 35 minutes until lightly browned. Cool for 5 minutes.
- 8Using a serrated knife, cut the logs crosswise into 3/4-inch-thick diagonal slices. Arrange the biscotti cut side down on the same baking sheet. Bake until the cookies are pale golden, about 25 minutes. Let cool completely.
- 9To make the chocolate for dipping: Melt the chocolate in a heat proof bowl over a pot of simmering water stirring until melted. (or cheat and microwave- 20 seconds at a time stirring each time until mostly melted, then just keep stirring, they should melt all the way. If you keep going until they are melted smooth sometimes you can burn them!).
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Almond and Lemon Biscotti
Serving Size: 1 (138 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 716.9
- Calories from Fat 168
- Total Fat 18.7 g
- Saturated Fat 2.4 g
- Cholesterol 158.6 mg
- Sodium 779.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 121.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.0 g
- Sugars 52.0 g
- Protein 18.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included: