Prep 10 mins
Cook 45 mins
This is Chef Sanjeev Kapoor's recipe from the Young Times magazine. It's unusual, but good!
Make and share this Almond And Grape Soup recipe from Food.com.
- 1⁄2 cup almonds, blanched and finely chopped
- 1 cup fresh green grape, washed and drained
- 3 -5 sprigs fresh parsley, cleaned,washed and finely chopped
- 1 small onion, peeled,washed and finely chopped
- 2 stalks of fresh celery, trimmed,washed and chopped
- 1 1⁄4 cups milk
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons refined flour (known as "maida" in Hindi)
- 4 cups water or 4 cups vegetable stock
- white pepper powder
- 2 egg yolks
- 2 -3 tablespoons light cream
- Boil milk and almonds together for 5 minutes.
- Cool and make into a thick paste in a blender.
- Heat butter in a pan.
- Add onion and saute until translucent.
- Add flour and cook on low heat for a few seconds.
- Pour in the stock, stirring continuously, so as to avoid the formation of lumps.
- Bring to a boil.
- Season with salt and pepper powder.
- Add celery and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Remove from heat and strain.
- Combine with the milk-almond paste and mix well.
- Reheat, adjust seasoning and blend in egg yolks and cream.
- Heat lightly and remove from heat.
- Allow to cool and refrigerate to chill.
- Serve sprinkled with chopped parsley and a few grapes in each bowl of soup.