This is Chef Sanjeev Kapoor's recipe from the Young Times magazine. It's unusual, but good!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 cup almonds, blanched and finely chopped
- 1 cup fresh green grape, washed and drained
- 3 -5 sprigs fresh parsley, cleaned,washed and finely chopped
- 1 small onion, peeled,washed and finely chopped
- 2 stalks of fresh celery, trimmed,washed and chopped
- 1 1/4 cups milk
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons refined flour (known as "maida" in Hindi)
- 4 cups water or 4 cups vegetable stock
- white pepper powder
- 2 egg yolks
- 2 -3 tablespoons light cream
- 1Boil milk and almonds together for 5 minutes.
- 2Cool and make into a thick paste in a blender.
- 3Heat butter in a pan.
- 4Add onion and saute until translucent.
- 5Add flour and cook on low heat for a few seconds.
- 6Pour in the stock, stirring continuously, so as to avoid the formation of lumps.
- 7Bring to a boil.
- 8Season with salt and pepper powder.
- 9Add celery and simmer for 15 minutes.
- 10Remove from heat and strain.
- 11Combine with the milk-almond paste and mix well.
- 12Reheat, adjust seasoning and blend in egg yolks and cream.
- 13Heat lightly and remove from heat.
- 14Allow to cool and refrigerate to chill.
- 15Serve sprinkled with chopped parsley and a few grapes in each bowl of soup.
Browse Our Top Fruit Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Almond And Grape Soup
Serving Size: 1 (581 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 638.7
- Calories from Fat 435
- Total Fat 48.3 g
- Saturated Fat 19.1 g
- Cholesterol 265.8 mg
- Sodium 372.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 40.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.1 g
- Sugars 16.4 g
- Protein 17.6 g