Recipe by Charishma_Ramchandani
This is Chef Sanjeev Kapoor's recipe from the Young Times magazine. It's unusual, but good!
- 1⁄2 cup almonds, blanched and finely chopped
- 1 cup fresh green grape, washed and drained
- 3 -5 sprigs fresh parsley, cleaned,washed and finely chopped
- 1 small onion, peeled,washed and finely chopped
- 2 stalks of fresh celery, trimmed,washed and chopped
- 1 1⁄4 cups milk
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons refined flour (known as "maida" in Hindi)
- 4 cups water or 4 cups vegetable stock
- white pepper powder
- 2 egg yolks
- 2 -3 tablespoons light cream
Directions See How It's Made
- Boil milk and almonds together for 5 minutes.
- Cool and make into a thick paste in a blender.
- Heat butter in a pan.
- Add onion and saute until translucent.
- Add flour and cook on low heat for a few seconds.
- Pour in the stock, stirring continuously, so as to avoid the formation of lumps.
- Bring to a boil.
- Season with salt and pepper powder.
- Add celery and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Remove from heat and strain.
- Combine with the milk-almond paste and mix well.
- Reheat, adjust seasoning and blend in egg yolks and cream.
- Heat lightly and remove from heat.
- Allow to cool and refrigerate to chill.
- Serve sprinkled with chopped parsley and a few grapes in each bowl of soup.