25 hrs 15 mins
1 hr 15 mins
This recipe combines with Spiced Carrot and Sweet Potato Soup With Almond and Ginger Matzo posted separately
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Place margarine in medium bowl.
- 2Blend almonds, salt, sugar, ginger and pepper in food processor until nuts are finely chopped; mix into margarine.
- 3Whisk in eggs and ginger ale; stir in matzo meal.
- 4Cover and chill 1 day.
- 5Bring large pot of salted water to boil; add fresh ginger.
- 6Drop batter onto sheet of foil in 16 equal mounds.
- 7Using wet hands, shape mounds into smooth balls and drop into boiling water.
- 8Cover pot tightly.
- 9Reduce heat to medium.
- 10Cook matzo balls until very tender throughout, about 1 hour 15 minutes.
- 11Using slotted spoon, transfer matzo balls in single layer to 13 x 9 x 2-inch baking dish.
- 12*Can be made 2 days ahead.
- 13Cover and refrigerate.
- 14Rewarm by steaming for 20 minutes on vegetable steamer rack over boiling water.
Browse Our Top Grains Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Grains Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Almond and Ginger Matzo Balls
Serving Size: 1 (521 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 93.3
- Calories from Fat 52
- Total Fat 5.8 g
- Saturated Fat 1.0 g
- Cholesterol 46.5 mg
- Sodium 201.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 7.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.6 g
- Sugars 0.9 g
- Protein 2.9 g