Prep 30 mins
Cook 45 mins
Ready, Set, Cook! Reynolds Wrap Contest Entry. A flavorful blend of fruit with the crunch of almonds.
- 3⁄4 cup unbleached all-purpose flour, sifted
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 5 tablespoons unsalted butter, cold
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons water
- 1 sheet Reynolds Wrap Foil
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons peach preserves
- 1⁄4 cup pear, peeled and diced
- 1⁄4 cup peach, peeled and diced
- 1⁄4 cup sliced blanched almond
- 1⁄2 cup heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons amaretto liqueur
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- Prepare the crust: Mix the flour and sugar together. Cut in the butter with a pastry blender or 2 knives until the mixture becomes coarse crumbles. Add the vanilla and water and toss with a fork until the dough just holds together. Add more water if needed.
- Press the dough evenly into an 8-inch removable-bottom tart pan. Chill in the refrigerator for 45 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Line the chilled dough with the sheet of foil and fill with dried beans. Bake in the lower part of the oven for 8 minutes. Remove the foil and beans and bake for an additional 5 minutes. Remove from the oven.
- Make the filling: Stir the sugar and peach preserves together in a bowl. Add the remaining ingredients and blend thoroughly. Pour into the tart shell.
- Set on the center rack in the oven and bake for 30-35 minutes. Cool and serve.