Prep 30 mins
Cook 50 mins
This is my mom's recipe, enough stuffing for a 12 lb turkey.
- 4 cups bread cubes
- 3⁄4 cup milk
- 1⁄2 cup butter, at room temperature
- 4 eggs (beaten)
- 2 cups diced celery
- 1⁄2 onion, chopped
- 1 cup chopped almonds
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ginger (optional)
- Soak the bread crumbs in the milk until soggy (about 15-30 minutes).
- Meanwhile, beat the softened butter, add the well-beaten eggs.
- Add the other ingredients (breadcubes, onion, almonds, celery, spices) and mix well.
- Season with extra salt and pepper to taste.