Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
Blueberry just makes a muffin. I love blueberry muffins, and with the almonds, it just tastes delish!
- 625 ml cake flour
- 10 ml baking powder
- 200 ml caster sugar
- 2 eggs
- 200 g butter
- 350 ml milk
- 1 cup fresh blueberries (or 1 tin blueberries in a light syrup, drained)
- 100 g ground almonds
- 5 ml lemon zest
- Preheat oven to 220°C.
- Sift flour, baking powder and sugar,.
- Beat eggs, butter and milk.
- Make a hole in the middle of the flour, and pour the milk mixture into it.
- Add the lemon zest; stir lightly.
- Fold in the berries and almonds.
- The mixture should be lumpy.
- Pour into muffin pans, and bake until cooked.
- For a variation: Substitute the berries with other fruit or 1cup chocolate chips.