Prep 20 mins
Cook 12 mins
A great tea time cookie
- 1 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1⁄4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 pinch salt
- 1⁄2 cup almonds, ground
- 1 cup dried apricot, diced
- Cream butter and sugar until creamy.
- Add egg and vanilla pulp and mix until smooth and well incorporated.
- Sift flour and salt into butter mixture.
- Use a wooden spoon to mix together.
- Add almonds and dried apricots and mix.
- Divide dough in half and roll out in plastic wrap to make log.
- Wrap tightly and refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
- Preheat oven to 325°F.
- Line baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Cut dough into ½ inch rounds and place on baking sheet.
- Bake for 12 to 15 minutes or until edges are golden brown and centre is pale.
- Remove from baking sheet and cool on cooling rack.
- Store in an airtight container for up to 2 days.