Prep 19 mins
Cook 39 mins
Recipe from Walmart
Make and share this Almond and Apricot Roasted Chicken recipe from Food.com.
- 3 tablespoons butter or 3 tablespoons margarine, divided
- 1 medium leek, halved lengthwise, rinsed, and thinly sliced (white and light green portion only)
- 1⁄4 cup finely chopped dried apricot
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped almonds, toasted if desired
- 2 tablespoons seasoned dry bread crumbs
- 3⁄4 teaspoon dried thyme leaves, divided
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper, divided
- 4 bone-in skin-on chicken breast halves
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Preheat oven to 350°F Melt 2 tablespoons of the butter in medium nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add leek; cook and stir 3 minutes to wilt. Stir in apricots, almonds, breadcrumbs, 1/4 teaspoon each of the thyme, salt, and pepper. Remove from heat; set aside.
- Rinse chicken with cold water and pat dry with paper towels. Carefully loosen, but do not remove, skin from breasts. Evenly spread one-fourth of mixture under the skin of each breast. Place chicken, skin-side up, in shallow baking dish; set aside.
- Melt remaining 1 tablespoon butter; whisk into olive oil. Brush over chicken breasts; sprinkle evenly with remaining 1/2 teaspoon each thyme and salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper.
- Roast 35 to 45 minutes or until thermometer registers 170°F Serve with tossed salad and crusty French bread, if desired.