Almond and Apricot Biscotti
- Pre-heat the oven to 350°F.
- In a large bowl, combine the flours, brown sugar and baking powder. Whisk to blend. Add the eggs, milk, oil, honey and almond extract. Stir with a wooden spoon until the dough just begins to come together.
- Add the chopped apricots and almonds. With floured hands, mix until the dough is well blended.
- Place the dough on a long sheet of plastic wrap and shape by hand into a flattened log about 12 inches long.
- Lift the plastic wrap to invert the dough onto a nonstick baking sheet. Bake until lightly browned, 25 to 30 minutes. Transfer to another baking sheet to cool for 10 minutes. Leave the oven set at 350°F.
- Place the cooled log on a cutting board. With a serrated knife, cut crosswise on the diagonal into 24 slices about 1/2-inch wide. Arrange the slices, cut side down, on the baking sheet. Return to the oven and bake until crisp, 15 to 20 minutes.
- Transfer to a wire rack and let cool completely. Store in an airtight container.