Recipe by threeovens
These little treats are usually eaten as a snack, with afternoon cocoa or for breakfast. Traditionally they are made with a non-pasteurized milk cheese, but here cottage cheese is used since it is readily available in the US and is similar in taste and texture.
- 3⁄4 cup precooked white cornmeal, sifted (masarepa)
- 2 cups cottage cheese
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons milk
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- Combine cottage cheese and masarepa in a food processor; add remaining ingredients and mix well.
- Divide dough into 8 equal portions and shape each into a ball.
- Place on a greased baking sheet and bake until golden, 30 to 35 minutes.