Prep 0 mins
Cook 5 mins
From Rylands, Peters & Small's Tapas cookbook. These are great if you are a fan of nuts!
- 2 cups blanched almonds
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon spanish sweet paprika
- olive oil, for frying
- Pour 1 inch depth of olive oil into a saucepan and heat to 380 degrees.
- Fry the almonds until lightly golden.
- Drain, sprinkle with the salt and paprika and mix well.
- Place in small bowl for Tapas serving. (Let cool slightly before serving.).
Frying like this gave the almonds a light texture. Someone should ask Alton Brown about the science behind this. Fabulous results ~ very tasty! I ate most of the m myself. ;) Made for ZWT8 Chefs Gone Wild!