Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 20 mins
Cook 2 mins
This dish is not only colorful with an eye-catching presentation, it is also really good! My little sister is a really good cook and her recipes are not only delicious but usually pretty healthy like this one. This recipe works well as either a salad or served with tortilla chips on the side and eaten as a salsa. 7-23-07 Update: I made this again after a long time and found it needed some more spice. I have updated the recipe a bit for our "spicier" taste buds.
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 3 tablespoons lime juice (1 well-juiced lime)
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 large tomatoes (seeded and diced)
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans (drained and rinsed)
- 1 cup frozen corn, thawed
- 2 -3 tablespoons jalapenos, finely minced
- 1⁄4 cup red onion, finely diced
- 1 cup cilantro, chopped
- Combine garlic, lime juice, honey, salt and pepper and whisk together in a large bowl.
- Add the remaining ingredients.
- Chill for at least 2 hours.
loved it! i put it over lettuce and served it as a salad in addition to Mama's mojito chicken :D
I made this as written and loved the flavorful and eye-pleasing result. Next time I will cut jalapenos down to 1 minced and will add only 1 tsp. salt. Worthy combination makes me want to try again.
This wonderful recipe could be considered a salad as well as a salsa. l'll be making this easy and delicious recipe again and again. Because of personal preference I did use half the jalapenos and salt called for, but the combination of all ingredients made an exceptional side salad. My DH even put it on his cheese burrito the next day! Thanks SoozieQ!