Recipe by Chef Mallory
I made this for my 16 year old sister Ally, who only weighs 80 pounds and has decided to become a vegetarian. Thank god I'm resourceful when it comes to cooking. This is a quick and easy way to get her to eat something that she used to love in her pre-veggie days. This will probably taste better and be healthier if it was made from scratch but since I have yet to cook with tofu, this will have to do. I'll make an addendum when I experiment some more. Brands names are key to cooking this.
- 2 Morningstar Farms Original Chik Patties
- 1 cup frozen broccoli
- 1 (8 ounce) bag MINUTE White Rice
- half a bottle of la choy sweet and sour sauce (the red kind)
- 1⁄4 cup la choy low sodium soy sauce
- crushed red pepper flakes (To Taste)
Directions See How It's Made
- Boil one bag of rice according to box directions.
- Microwave broccoli according to bag directions.
- Microwave or bake chik patties for time alloted on box. Let cool for one minute and then cut into bite size pieces.
- Put broccoli and chicken into a medium mixing bowl and mix with Sweet and Sour sauce, soy sauce, and crushed red pepper flakes.
- Mix until well blended and serve over white rice.