Prep 10 mins
Cook 40 mins
A lower-calorie and lower-fat version of my Fruit, Nut & Honey Granola
- 3 1⁄2 cups old fashioned oats
- 3 tablespoons whole wheat flour
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄3 cup Smart Balance butter spread
- 1⁄2 cup honey
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons brown sugar, packed
- 1⁄2 cup assorted dried fruits
- 1 medium apple
- Combine first three ingredients in a large mixing bowl.
- Combine Smart Balance, honey and brown sugar in a microwavable measuring cup or bowl and heat for 1 minute on medium, or until Smart Balance is melted.
- Combine wet ingredients into dry ingredients. Spread on a jelly-roll pan lined with parchment paper and bake for 30-40 minutes at 275, mixing and rotating pan every 10 minutes.
- Allow mixture to cool for 5 minutes, mix again, and add in dried fruits.
- For breakfast, have 1/2 cup of granola with a medium sized piece of fresh fruit. (Nutritional Analysis performed with a medium apple).