Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
A great drink for the holidays
- 1 gallon apple cider
- 1 cup dark brown sugar (packed)
- 1 (12 ounce) can lemon juice concentrate
- 1 (12 ounce) can orange juice concentrate
- 1 tablespoon whole cloves
- 1 tablespoon allspice
- 1 tablespoon ground nutmeg
- 24 cinnamon sticks
- In a large kettle combine the cider, brown sugar, undiluted lemon and orange juices.
- Tie cloves and allspice in a spice bag or cheesecloth and add it to the cider along with the nutmeg.
- Cover and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Remove and discard the bag.
- Serve hot in mugs with a cinnamon stick in each mug.