Recipe by Chef DEEdeeCOOK
This recipe sends a heavenly scent through the kitchen while baking. Also you can make it a day ahead of your dinner and the flavor gets even better. Save the marshmallows to cook the day of serving.
- 2 (15 ounce) cans sweet potatoes
- 1 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1⁄4 cup butter (1 cube)
- 1 teaspoon allspice
- 1 (16 ounce) bag marshmallows (large or small)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Spray casserole dish with non stick oil.
- Drain juices off of potatoes (set aside 1 cup juice for later).
- Put potatoes in casserole dish.
- Mix your sugar and allspice together in bowl.
- Sprinkle blended mix of sugar and allspice over potatoes.
- Pour remaining 1 cup juice over potatoes.
- Now cut the cube of butter into patties and lay on top of potatoes (all around edges and center).
- Cook on 350°F for about 30-35 minutes.
- Now place marshmallows all over the top of potatoes.
- Brown the tops of marshmallows to a lite golden brown.
- Note: Watch your marshmallows carefully they brown fast.