Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
Want something a little different? Try this!
- 59.14 ml butter
- 236.59 ml sugar
- 2 eggs
- 29.58 ml grated orange rind
- 473.18 ml all-purpose flour
- 2.46 ml baking soda
- 4.92 ml baking powder
- 2.46 ml salt
- 3.69 ml allspice
- 236.59 ml chopped nuts
- 236.59 ml orange juice
- Cream together butter and sugar.
- Stir in the eggs and orange rind.
- Combine flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt, allspice, and nuts.
- Add to creamed mixture alternately with the orange juice.
- (Dry- juice- dry- juice- dry).
- Stir until combined.
- Pour into a greased and floured 9" X 5" X3" pan.
- Bake in a preheated 350F oven for approximately 1 hour, or until done.
This a good simple recipe. I made one half recipe using three mini loaf pans for 30 minutes. Two of them stuck a bit to the bottom - just a heads up.
Loved this loaf, hint of orange, hint of allspice and lots of crunchy nuts!! I did not have enough orange juice so added a half cup of milk to make a cup of liquid. Definitely will make this again, a delicious and not too sweet bread!
Delicious bread with an intense orange flavor and the perfect light, tender and moist texture. The allspice added nicely to this- it gave it a subtle spiciness that was detectable, but just as "spice", not overwhelmingly allspice flavored. I used a fresh organic orange for the juice and zest and substituted the white flour with whole wheat pastry flour, the sugar with sucanat and omitted the salt. I used walnuts, which were delicious. A fantastic bread, which baked up big beautiful and absolutely scrumptious. Thanks!