Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
A cream cheese frosting with a little extra something, this frosting is paticularly good on Carrot Cake. Recipe originally posted on Allrecipes.com
- 3 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄3 cup butter, softened
- 3⁄4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 4 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons milk
- In a medium bowl, beat cream cheese, butter and allspice until blended.
- Gradually add confectioner's sugar and mix until well combined.
- Stir in vanilla.
- Gradually add milk, beating until frosting is of spreading consistency.
I had made some carrot bread, and was looking for something to put on it besides butter. This was not only easy to make, it tastes fabulous! And now I have an excuse to make a spice cake, because it made a lot more than I needed for one little loaf of bread. Thanks!
Excellent with a nice Spice Cake or Carrot Cake, or even a nice White cake for a change ! Also quick to make. Thanx ! Second time I made this I used this on pumpkin cookies, 2 oz of cream cheese, 2 tbsp of softened butter, 1 1/4 cup of icing sugar, 1/4 tsp ground ginger, cloves, cinammon (each) and a pinch of nutmeg.
Thank you for sharing :-)