Prep 30 mins
Cook 22 mins
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 1⁄4 teaspoons ground allspice, divided
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 3⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup apple butter
- 3⁄4 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 400°; grease a 12-cup muffin pan.
- In a small bowl, combine sugar and 1/4 t allspice; set aside.
- In a big bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, salt, baking soda, and remaining allspice.
- In another bowl, whisk together brown sugar, eggs, apple butter, butter, and vanilla until well blended.
- Add the egg mixture to the flour mixture and stir until just blended.
- Divide batter evenly among prepared muffin cups; sprinkle with sugar mixture.
- Bake for 18-22 minutes or until tops are golden and a pick comes out clean.
- Let cool in pan on a wire rack for 3 minutes, then transfer to the rack to cool.