Recipe by Acerast
These are always a hit at our house, especially with the guys. This one is also from my SIL who is a great cook (thanks Al). It requires at least one hour of marination - but is best when marinated overnight.
Top Review by queenbeatrice
I followed instructions as listed except for baking them for 45 minutes total, turning them after every 15 minutes. These turned out fantastic and get a 5 star rating for their great taste. Like a fiesta for the taste buds ;) Thanks for sharing this lovely recipe!
- 18 -24 chicken wings
- 2 (1 1/4 ounce) packages taco seasoning (we like Old El Paso)
- 1⁄8 cup vinegar
- 1⁄8 cup oil
- 1 dash cayenne pepper (or more to taste)
Directions See How It's Made
- Clean chicken wings, cut at the joints into three pieces and discard wing tips.
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the taco seasoning, vinegar, oil and cayenne by "squishing" the bag to make a paste.
- Add the chicken wing pieces, seal the bag and "squish" until the paste is distributed evenly over the chicken pieces (if the paste is too thick then add a small amount of vinegar or water -- but remember it is a paste - almost a rub).
- Marinate chicken 1 hour at room temperature or overnight in the refrigerator.
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Spread wings pieces on a baking sheet lined with foil (for easiest clean-up). Try to maintain some space between each piece - use a second baking sheet if necessary.
- Brush pieces with any extra paste.
- Bake at 400 for 1 to 1 1/4 hours, turning half way through the baking time.
- Can be held in a crock pot to serve at a party or buffet.