Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
moist and flavorful banana bread
- 2 cups flour
- 3⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 cup butter, softened
- 2 eggs
- 1 1⁄2 cups mashed bananas
- 1⁄3 cup plain yogurt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Combine flour, baking soda, salt.
- In a separate bowl, beat sugar and butter.
- Add eggs, one at a time.
- Add banana, yogurt, and vanilla.
- Add flour mixture until just moist.
- Pour into greased loaf pan.
- Bake 1 hour. Cool at least 10 minutes in pan before removing to rack to cool completely.
This was an incredibly moist and delicious banana bread. Took a little longer in the oven. The first time I made it, used ground flax seed and water in place of the eggs. Second time, actual eggs--both work equally well.