Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
An awesome appetizer for get togethers, both plain or fancy. I got this recipe from my sister in law, Allison.
- 1 (12 ounce) can artichoke hearts, chopped
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, cubed
- 16 ounces cheddar cheese, grated
- 16 ounces sour cream
- 1⁄4 cup onion, minced
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1 loaf Hawaiian bread or 1 loaf other round loaf bread
- Sauté onions in butter in large skillet or sauce pan.
- Add all other ingredients. Stir.
- Continue heating on medium heat until cheese is melted and mixture is thoroughly combined. (You may also microwave the mixture at this point)
- Remove a hole from top of bread, scoop out some bread to form a good bowl.
- Add the hot artichoke mixture into bread bowl.
- Serve with "scraps" of removed bread, crackers, tortilla chips, etc.