Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
We got the inspiration for this cocktail from Chef #526666's sauce recipe in Caribbean Grilled Burger With Pineapple Sauce. Why not also enjoy the burgers to go with the drink?! Posted with permission. Just one more reason we love zaar,.. Creativity! :)
- 1⁄2 fresh pineapple, peeled cored and cut into chunks
- 1 mango, peeled and pitted
- 1 jalapeno, seeded and quartered
- 2 tablespoons molasses
- 2 cups ice
- 6 ounces coconut rum
- Mix all ingredients except ice and rum in a food processor until well blended. Set aside.
- To a blender, add half each of the ice, rum, and pineapple mixture (reserving remaining half for the next two drinks. Blend until smooth. Serve in a rocks glass (or for 2 drinks, serve in collins glasses) with a wedge of pineapple.
Our house was divided: For me, it was very drinkable, perhaps too drinkable; DH didn't care for it. I could hardly taste the alcohol, so I would probably fall over before I realized I had taken in a lot of alcohol. It would help to list approximate weight of the pineapple and mango to be used; I used frozen mango chunks to reduce my swearing, and fresh pineapple slices, and had to guess how much to use, so I probably was heavy with the fruit.