Recipe by Paymaster
Was originally crawfish recipe but I changed it up by substituting Alligator Tailmeat. Bought the Alligator in my local Supermarket Frozen Food section.
- 1 egg (beaten)
- 1 lb alligator meat (chopped and cooked Tail Meat )
- 4 scallions (chopped)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons butter (melted)
- 1⁄3 cup self rising flour
- oil (for frying)
- 3⁄4 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄2 cup ketchup
- 1⁄4 teaspoon prepared horseradish
Directions See How It's Made
- After cooking the Alligator meat, mix all the ingredients in a bowl completely.
- Heat enough oil to fry beignets in a 12 inch skillet.
- With a Tablespoon, scoop up the mixture and ease into the hot oil one spoon full at a time.
- Skillet should hold 5 or 6 without touching.
- Fry to a golden brown on both sides.
- Prepare Dipping Sauce by mixing ingredients.