1/1 Photo of Alligator Beignets ( Fritters )
Was originally crawfish recipe but I changed it up by substituting Alligator Tailmeat. Bought the Alligator in my local Supermarket Frozen Food section.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 egg (beaten)
- 1 lb alligator meat (chopped and cooked Tail Meat )
- 4 scallions (chopped)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 1/2 teaspoons butter (melted)
- 1/3 cup self rising flour
- oil (for frying)
- 1After cooking the Alligator meat, mix all the ingredients in a bowl completely.
- 2Heat enough oil to fry beignets in a 12 inch skillet.
- 3With a Tablespoon, scoop up the mixture and ease into the hot oil one spoon full at a time.
- 4Skillet should hold 5 or 6 without touching.
- 5Fry to a golden brown on both sides.
- 6Prepare Dipping Sauce by mixing ingredients.
Browse Our Top Meat Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Meat Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Alligator Beignets ( Fritters )
Serving Size: 1 (57 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 182.6
- Calories from Fat 105
- Total Fat 11.7 g
- Saturated Fat 2.3 g
- Cholesterol 41.1 mg
- Sodium 736.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 18.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.5 g
- Sugars 6.7 g
- Protein 2.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included: