Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
The "house dressing" of a dear friend who was kind enough to share her recipe.
- 1⁄3 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2⁄3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- In the work bowl of a food processor or blender, place vinegar, sugar, garlic powder, basil, salt, and pepper; process slowly.
- While the motor is running, add oil in thin stream until all the oil is added and the dressing is silky smooth.
- Serve at once or store at room temp for up to a week OR in the frig for up to two weeks.
Subbed white balsamic vinegar for dark balsamic. Subbed 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning for the dried basil. Very good! Best prepared at least 1 hour in advance of serving. Thanks for posting your friend's recipe, Impera. CG ;)