Prep 20 mins
Cook 40 mins
With many allergies, this "pudding" is a nice, variation on the French Canadian treat. Bon Appetit!
For the cake
- 2 cups oatmeal (or mixture of the two) or 2 cups barley flour (or mixture of the two)
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 cup rice milk (or any kind of milk or juice)
- 1⁄4 cup canola oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons baking powder (use less if using wheat flour)
For the syrup
- 2 cups brown sugar
- 2 cups water
- 1 teaspoon oat flour
- For the syrup: Mix dry ingredients first in a large glass baking dish and then mix in the water.
- For the cake: Mix dry ingredients first in a mixing bowl.
- Add the rice milk and oil, mixing gently.
- Divide the dough into even 6 portions and drop them in the syrup already prepared in a large glass baking dish.
- Bake at 375 F for 30-40 minutes.