Pear 'n Ginger Girl's Note:
These fluffy pancakes passed the test with the gluten eaters in my family. I changed a recipe I had and am excited to share the results. They are not too sweet, and have a great rise to them. I hope you enjoy them as much as we have! Instead of the flours and starches listed, you could use a little less than 2 cups of your own gluten-free flour mix. If your mix has added xanthan gum, omit the gum in the recipe.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 3/4 cups rice milk
- 3 tablespoons ground flax seeds (flax meal)
- 1/3 cup oil (grapeseed oil is my favorite choice)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 cup millet flour (or brown rice flour)
- 1/2 cup sorghum flour
- 1/2 cup tapioca starch
- 1/3 cup potato starch (not potato flour)
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon xanthan gum
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon or 1/4 teaspoon apple pie spice
- 1 dash salt
- 1Place rice milk in a medium bowl and heat in the microwave until warm, about 90 seconds. Stir in flax meal and let sit.
- 2Meanwhile, in a small bowl combine the flours and starches, sugar, xanthan gum, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon, and salt. Mix until thoroughly combined.
- 3To the rice milk mixture add the oil, vanilla and vinegar. Stir well.
- 4Heat up your pan on medium-high or griddle to 350 degrees. When it is hot (a drop of water placed on it sizzles), add a little oil and spread around.
- 5Add the dry mix to the wet and whip with the spoon to get most of the lumps out. Batter should be thick.
- 6Spoon the batter onto prepared pan (about 1/4 cup) and spread out with the back of the spoon. Flip over when bubbles form and the top starts to dry out. Cook the other side until golden brown.
Browse Our Top Pancakes and Waffles Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pancakes and Waffles Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Allergy-Friendly Pancakes (Gluten Free, Dairy Free, Egg Free)
Serving Size: 1 (68 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 384.1
- Calories from Fat 191
- Total Fat 21.2 g
- Saturated Fat 2.6 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 478.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 45.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.9 g
- Sugars 10.4 g
- Protein 5.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included: