1/3 Photos of Allergy Friendly Double Chocolate Brownies
The Blender Girl's Note:
When I tell people that these brownies are gluten-free, dairy-free, egg-free, nut-free and soy free – the response is always “well, what’s in them?” I respond – pigilicious magic! I hit the jackpot with these brownies. They are not too sweet, and really tasty, with a moist texture and spring that is just right. I can’t get enough of them. You could always add more chocolate if you wanted a more decadent brownie. But I think they are great as they are! YUM!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2/3 cup about 2 small 6 inch mashed banana
- 2/3 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1 cup chopped pitted dates
- 1 cup agave nectar
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup dark vegan chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup dark vegan chocolate chips (for topping)
- 1/2 cup buckwheat flour
- 1/2 cup brown rice flour
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon gluten-free baking powder
- 1 teaspoon xanthan gum
- 1/4 teaspoon celtic sea salt
- 1Preheat oven to 180 C / 350°F.
- 2Lightly grease a square 8-by-8-inch baking pan.
- 3Sift together the cocoa powder, flours, baking powder, xanthan and salt into the bowl of your stand mixer (or use a mixing bowl and an electric beater or spoon).
- 4Gently heat on a low flame one cup of the chocolate chips and agave until just melted and then stir in vanilla.
- 5Pour this mixture into the dry ingredients and mix gently until well combined.
- 6Mix together mashed banana and apple sauce. Fold in this mixture into the chocolate batter.
- 7Fold in chopped dates.
- 8Spoon mixture into pan and spread evenly.
- 9Bake for 20 minutes and then sprinkle the extra 1/2 cup chocolate chips over the mix.
- 10Place back in the oven for another 15-20 minutes.
- 11The brownies are done when an inserted skewer comes out clean. Let cool at room temperature before serving.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Allergy Friendly Double Chocolate Brownies
Serving Size: 1 (113 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 406.4
- Calories from Fat 130
- Total Fat 14.4 g
- Saturated Fat 8.2 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 167.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 75.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 9.3 g
- Sugars 44.6 g
- Protein 6.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included: