Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
This recipe is suitable for those on a gluten-free, egg-free and dairy-free diet. It gives an acceptable custard, given those restrictions. I was given this recipe whilst on an allergy elimination diet. Don't be tempted to omit the sugar.
- 2 teaspoons rice flour
- 2⁄3 cup soymilk (ensure gluten-free)
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon vegan margarine (I use Nuttelex)
- Mix the rice flour and sugar with a little of the milk -to a smooth paste.
- Heat the remaining milk, until almost boiling.
- Add the rice flour paste to the heated milk. Stir constantly over heat, until the mixture thickens and bubbles. Simmer gently, stirring for about 5 minutes.
- Stir in the margarine until it has melted through.